Home » How to Rebalance your Portfolio on Jamāwealth?

How to Rebalance your Portfolio on Jamāwealth?

  • by

At Jamā Wealth, we have implemented a simple and seamless process to help rebalance your portfolio at regular intervals.

We have listed down the sequence of steps in the process of rebalancing your portfolio.

Portfolio Rebalance – Day 1

Rebalancing, due to SEBI Margin Rules is a 2 Step process often undertaken on 2 consecutive days. We have designed our system to comply with this rule.

Step 1

Log In to app.jamawealth.com

Step 2

Click on Rebalancing Card to rebalance your product portfolios with the latest recommendations

Note: – Ensure your account has no compliance issues before undertaking this step. Click on “Clear Compliance” to clear compliance issues for your account.

As per SEBI Margin Rules, only 80% of the sell value is available for purchase on Day 1 (On the day stocks were sold). The remaining 20% of sell value is available on Day 2 (A Day after stocks were sold).

Step 3 

Select the Product for which Rebalance is Due and click Rebalance Now.

Step 4 

Your current stock holdings as per the records with Jamāwealth are displayed. Click on “Continue to Rebalance”.

Note: – Ensure you upload contract notes without fail to avoid any discrepancies. In case of any discrepancy, kindly contact help@jamawealth.com.

Step 5 

The new “Sell” and “Buy” order recommendations are shown for your portfolio. Click on “Continue to Rebalance”

Note: – Recommendations are automatically populated as per the holdings recorded with Jamāwealth. To ensure you get the right recommendations, upload your contract notes without fail.

Step 6

To facilitate in placing your transactions, you are redirected to Gateway. Select your preferred stock broker used for Jamā Wealth’s product.

Step 7

Login to your stock broker account.

Step 8 

Sell and Buy Orders are displayed as per the recommendations shown previously. Click on “Review Orders”

Step 9  

Click on “Place Orders” to initiate transactions.

Note: – It’s strictly advisable not to change the quantities for proper rebalancing of your portfolio. Avoid clicking edit orders.

Step 10 

As per new regulations, CDSL TPIN is necessary to authorize the trades (sell orders) from your demat account. Authorization is valid for one trading day. Click on “Authorize Stocks”

Step 11

Enter TPIN and Click “Verify” to Authorize the trades. In case you want to generate a new TPIN, Click on Generate Pin.

Generating New TPIN requires –
1) BO (Beneficiary Owner) ID which is 16-digit demat account number and
2) PAN Number

TPIN is sent to your registered mobile no / email id.

Step 12 

Enter OTP sent to your registered mobile no / email id and click on “Verify”

Step 13 

Once the trades are authorized with the TPIN you can place orders by Clicking on “Place Orders”

Step 14 

Click on “Confirm Orders” to place the orders.

Step 15 

Upon successful execution, you are redirected back to Jamā wealth where you can review your order status in the transactions screen. In case of any failed orders, you can click on retry to complete your orders. Click on “View Dashboard” to go to dash board. 

Step 16

Click on “Rebalancing” Card to rebalance other product portfolios. Ensure you finish Step 2 on the next day to complete rebalancing your portfolio.

Step 17

Upload contract notes to ensure your portfolio is recorded in Jamāwealth and avoid discrepancies later. Go to Profile and select “Contract Notes”. Click “Upload Contract Note” to upload a contract note file.

Portfolio Rebalance – Day Day 2

Rebalancing, due to SEBI Margin Rules is a 2 Step process often undertaken on 2 consecutive days. We have designed our system to comply with this rule.

Step 1

Log In to app.jamawealth.com

Step 2

Click on Rebalancing Card to rebalance your product portfolios with the latest recommendations

Note: – Ensure your account has no compliance issues before undertaking this step. Click on “Clear Compliance” to clear compliance issues for your account.

As per SEBI Margin Rules, only 80% of the sell value is available for purchase on Day 1 (On the day stocks were sold). The remaining 20% of sell value is available on Day 2 (A Day after stocks were sold).

Step 3 

Select the Product for which Rebalance is Due and click Rebalance Now.

Step 4 

Your current stock holdings as per the records with Jamāwealth are displayed. Click on “Continue to Rebalance”.

Note: – Ensure you upload contract notes without fail to avoid any discrepancies. In case of any discrepancy, kindly contact help@jamawealth.com.

Step 5 

The new “Buy” order recommendations for Day 2 are shown for your portfolio. Click on “Continue to Rebalance”

Note: – Recommendations are automatically populated as per the holdings recorded with Jamāwealth. To ensure you get the right recommendations, upload your contract notes without fail.

Step 6

To facilitate in placing your transactions, you are redirected to Gateway. Select your preferred stock broker used for Jamā Wealth’s product.

Step 7

Login to your stock broker account.

Step 8 

Buy Orders are displayed as per the recommendations shown previously. Click on “Review Orders”

Step 9 

Click on “Place Orders” to initiate transactions.

Note: – It is strictly advisable not to change the quantities for proper rebalancing of your portfolio. Avoid clicking edit orders.

Step 10 

Click on “Confirm Orders” to place the orders.

Step 11 

Upon successful execution, you are redirected back to Jamā wealth where you can review your order status in the transactions screen. In case of any failed orders, you can click on retry to complete your orders. Click on “View Dashboard” to go to dash board.

Step 12                                                   

Click on “Rebalancing” Card to complete rebalancing other product portfolios.

Step 13

Upload contract notes to ensure your portfolio is recorded in Jamāwealth and avoid discrepancies later. Go to Profile and select “Contract Notes”. Click “Upload Contract Note” to upload a contract note file.